Ascentra Credit Union was recently honored with a total of five Diamond Awards, which nationally recognizes outstanding marketing and business development achievements in the credit union industry.
The awards were presented by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing and Business Development Council at the council’s annual conference, held March 25-28 in Las Vegas this year. Awards are given in multiple categories ranging from advertising to community events and beyond.
“We have seen our marketing efforts connect not only with the people of our region, but with all of our staff in a way we never experienced before,” Ascentra President & CEO Dale Owen said. “Everyone has really embraced our campaigns, the unique ways we give back to the community, and our overall fun, fresh approach. We have an amazing team here at Ascentra and I am very proud of all of our efforts. ”
Ascentra Credit Union earned two prestigious Category’s Best awards that include credit unions of all asset sizes. Ascentra received top honors in the following categories:
- Mobile: Design of website for mobile devices and incorporation of the Ascentra MyMobile App with mobile deposit.
- Segmented Marketing: Ascentra’s Latino Outreach Program and marketing efforts.
The credit union was the winner in their asset size class in the following categories:
- Community/PR-Ongoing Event: Pay It Forward program with WQAD News 8, awarding $300 for individuals going above and beyond in their community.
- Point of Sale Display and Retail Merchandising: MyMobile App campaign to introduce all the features associated with the Ascentra mobile app and text banking.
- Membership Packets, Brochures or Booklets: Fresh Start Kit to assist members when switching automatic payments over to an Ascentra account.
“Credit unions that receive these awards should be extremely proud of their accomplishments and know that their work represents the very best examples of creativity, innovation, relevance, and execution. The Diamond Awards are not easily earned and the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council is proud to honor those who are deserving of this recognition,” said Michelle Hunter, Chair of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council, and SVP of Marketing & Development at Credit Union of Southern California.
Ascentra VP of Marketing & Public Relations, Jennifer Naeve joined Ascentra in 2012 and brought with her an exciting new approach to connecting the organization’s brand to meet the demands of our member-owners and future members.
“We are humbled to receive these awards for a second year in a row,” Naeve said. “It would not be possible without the commitment from our entire staff and board of directors and their dedication to serving our members. It is of service to our members that we communicate our products and services in memorable ways. We are here to help people achieve their financial goals and to grow our organization in a socially and financially responsible manner. Everything we do is with our members and community in mind.”
For more information on the Diamond Awards or to view the entire list of winners, go to www.cunamarketingcouncil.org.