Another round of $10,000 was awarded to area students to help pay for their college costs as part of the Ascentra Credit Union Scholarship Competition. There were five $1,000 scholarships available for high school students planning to enter college. The other five $1,000 scholarships were for members age 19 or over, considered non-traditional or continuing education students.
The high school scholarship winners include:
- Guadalupe Chavez, Davenport, Iowa
- Arika Allen, Davenport, Iowa
- Jennifer Baldwin, Eldridge, Iowa
- Luke Giovanine, Moline, Illinois
- Thomas Byrne, Bettendorf, Iowa
The non-traditional or continuing education winners include:
- Bailey Ford, Bettendorf, Iowa
- Adam Cline, Bettendorf, Iowa
- Laura Kulp, LeClaire, Iowa
- Dakota Keller, Iowa City, Iowa
- Lindsey Figg, Wilton, Iowa
All entries are judged on their essay, resume, awards, extracurricular activities, volunteer services and work experience. The competition is announced every October with the deadline in March of the following year. Official rules may be picked up at any of our branches or found online at www.ascentra.org/scholarships.
Awarding a total of $10,000 in scholarships is another way Ascentra Credit Union recognizes that financial planning and education is essential to lifetime success for our members and community.